11 May Sustainable Summer with Bernie!
Posted at 18:41h in News
Check out Bernie’s Tips to have a sustainable summer!
- Throwback to our list of reusable product swaps!
- Find or host local clean-up events
- Even if it is just you, your family, and some of your friends picking up trash while on a walk, you are making a difference in the amount of litter out in the world!
- Utilize the bright sun before turning on lights by opening blinds
- Natural light is much better than artificial light, and you’ll be saving electricity.
- Hang your clothes to dry in the nice weather instead of using the dryer
- Another way to save electricity, and in Austin Texas, those clothes will be dry in no time during the summer!
- Buy sunscreen carefully to make sure you are buying one that is non-toxic to the environment
- Check out our next blog post to learn more about sunscreen’s effect on the environment.
- Start a backyard garden!
- Homegrown food tastes better, and it’s a fun hobby!