11 Mar DIY Bath Bombs!
Looking for a way to relax and rewind this weekend? How about making your own bath bombs for bathtime!
This recipe is adapted from “The Plastic Problem” by Aubre Andrus.
You will need…
- 1/2 cup cream of tartar
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 tsp food coloring
- 2 tsp food flavoring
- A splash of water
- Glass mixing bowl
- Rubber gloves
- Cookie trays for molds
Follow these instructions to make your own bath bombs:
- Put on the gloves. Use your hands to mix up the cream of tartar with the baking soda in the bowl.
- Drop in the food coloring and flavoring (yellow and lemon, purple and lavender, etc.) and mix well.
- Add a small splash of water to your mixture. The mixture should be crumbly and hold its shape when pressure is applied.
- Pack the mixture tightly into your molds using a spoon.
- Leave the molds to dry for 24 hours.
- When dry, pop bath bombs out of the molds. You can use them for yourself or wrap them in eco-friendly, sustainable ways and gift to your friends!